Tuesday, June 30, 2009

...of a fat girl (who wants to be naturally thin).

I absolutely love Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin book. I picked it up at Target a month or so ago and I was pretty skeptical. I've started reading about 15 different diet books and they were all so unrealistic with recipes that I couldn't possibly afford to make. Bethenny's book is completely different. It's like an un-diet diet book. She includes all sorts of hints and tips to eating like you're naturally thin. I've been trying to practice the naturally thin techniques since I bought the book, but today was finally the day I really enforced the techniques.

My sister and I went to Schlotzky's and I ordered something Bethenny recommended in her book (half a sandwich and soup). However, I could only order a whole sandwich, so I ordered the smallest veggie sandwich the joint makes. Then, I took half of the sandwich and placed it into a to go box before I could even smell it! Out of site, out of mind! I finished one half of my sandwich and even left some of my soup in the cup because I felt like I was full already. (It probably helped that I had a really, really tight belt on! Maybe that will be my new diet secret...wear really tight belts!) I'm so used to going out to eat and eating everything on my plate because it's "rude not to eat all the food" or "there are starving children in Africa." Bethenny assured me that there is no reason to finish an entire plate of food. It's actually just plain gross.

Today's Log:
Breakfast-bowl of Special K
Lunch: Half of a veggie sandwich and a cup of vegetable beef soup

Snacks...lots and lots of water!!

Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment